Tuesday 5 June 2012

I have a date. A blind date.

So. I'm going on a date. It really has been ages. To be honest, I don't have high expectations. This is a set-up by a friend. You'd think that would already be a pretty good starting point, but you don't know the person setting us up. I mean, I've had bad luck with setups before and one good friend, goddess bless him, tried *three* times to no avail, and in fact lost three friends in the process (having learned that they were all actually douchebags) but they at least started out with some promise, some thing that connected us - hobbies, interests, just something.

The basis for this set-up: "You're both single."

Oh! Well that's fantastic! I'm sure we'll be married within the month then! Well done, you. Excellent match-making. Why didn't *I* think of that?

So yah, ummm, not super high on the expectation scale. Still. You never know. Stranger things have happened. His email was somewhat funny. So I'll go an put my best foot forward because, well, maybe there actually is something to be had in a completely random setup. We. Shall. See.

No comments:

Post a Comment