Thursday 26 July 2012

The second date was only three hours

But still a good three hours. We simply went for a walk along river trails, getting an ice cream and stopping a couple of times along the way to rest on a bench and chat to people we know who we meet along the way. Although we don't run into any mutual friends it turns out we actually have a few, aside from the one who set us up. I live a decent sized city with a small-town feel. Twice someone tried to set me up with someone I'd already dated. But I digress...

Still great conversation and more things in common. It's easy to walk along with him. Reese is a little shorter than me but not, it seems, by much. I've dated shorter before. A lot actually. It's not a deal breaker.

He says one thing that makes my alarms perk up. Reese tells me that since our first date (mere days ago) and my telling him about my upcoming races (try-a-tri and a 5k) he has started running. It's good to be an inspiration but the way he says it is like, "Because you run, I will now run." It's good he wants to create some common ground, I guess, so long as he also enjoys it. No one should ever do something I do simply because I do it. But again, so hard to read that stuff early on, and we have such a nice time, that I let it go.

When we get to my house he kisses me goodnight. He's actually quite a lot shorter than me, more than I realized, and it's weird to feel myself craning down so much, but I give into it and kiss him back. My thighs are not fire, I do not feel it in my gut or my toes, but it isn't messy, sloppy or invasive, so it's fine. I generally find first kisses to be quite awkward. And sometimes I just find date number two too early. I take time to develop that crush sometimes. But things are still good, so we'll see where date three takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment