Wednesday 5 December 2012

OKCupid hates me

So, I join OKCupid (OKC) and the first thing it does is try to set me up with Reese. As if that weren't torture enough, this morning it recommended my ex of eight years ago. An arrogant ass whose smarm is the smarmiest in smarmdon.

We were together almost a year. I was delusional. More than once I recall being in tears on the phone with my sister, and it was my own stupidity that kept me there when he treated me so poorly. In the end, I'd like to say I was smart enough to dump him but no. He dumped me. And I wasn't surprised or upset so much by the dumping itself, but I was pissed that after two years of friendship and then almost a year as partners, he did it over the phone. Then expected we'd be friends and everything would be happy. Eff that. So no, I do not want to hit that sh*t again.

I guess we're good on paper, but again, just as OKC misses the psychotic benchmark test, it also misses the one for arrogance. No thanks, OKC. Fail on that one. Epic fail.

(Incidentally, Match.com is churning out better candidates, go figure, you get what you pay for.)

No comments:

Post a Comment