Wednesday 26 September 2012

The jig is up

So, I met one of the guys, one of the ones who had messaged me. I hadn't actually told anyone I was trying online dating again, so I definitely hadn't told anyone about the date. But don't I choose the one place that my friend shows up at for after-work drinks with some co-workers. She comes over to say hi. I'm not embarrassed (of the guy or the online dating) but I know I'm going to be in trouble for not fessing up. Sigh. The cat is out of the bag. I just wasn't ready to tell everyone and turn it into a big deal when I may well pull the plug tomorrow.

Anyway, the date was good. We actually know some of the same people (of course!) and have quite a lot in common. He paid for more than half of the bill (did not offer to pay all, just waited for me to notice he hadn't paid it all). The only "ugh" moment came when he went for a smoke. Really? His profile did say "Trying to quit" so maybe it's not a lie, maybe he's just cutting back slowly, I just really don't want to date a smoker. If he really is quitting then that's okay, so for now he's still in. Date two to come...

[UPDATE: And in the end my friend just teased me but she totally understood and let me off the hook.]

No comments:

Post a Comment