Wednesday 19 September 2012

And so it begins...

The trials of online dating, I mean.

I have messaged three guys. Only one has responded.

I have received a few messages. I have responded to two. People I did not respond to:
  • The guy from Mexico City who wrote, "Nice tattoo."
  • The guy as old as my Dad who propositioned me.
  • The guy from a city two hours away who wrote, "Too bad you don't want to date outside of your own town."
  • The guy who didn't have a picture or a profile and just wanted me to email him. (Scam?)
  • The guy who had pictures in full camo gear with guns and ATVs - did you even read my profile?
  • The guy who had a picture of a dog but not of himself. (Wait, unless the dog is looking to date?)
So that's what's out there. Like I said, I responded to two, we'll see where that goes. And the one guy who responded to me. One of the other guys who didn't respond actually looked pretty good so that's too bad. But he probably had a good reason, and if my message/profile didn't grab him, then why waste either of our time? I just learned that you don't actually have to respond to every single message and that's good. Because last time I did online dating and I did respond to everyone, even to say, thanks but no, I often got a bad response. You know, like, "You're lucky I even messaged you. I'm a catch and you're not very hot." Right okay, well then I guess we both dodged a bullet, eh?

Hopefully this isn't too soul killing.

No comments:

Post a Comment