Thursday 18 October 2012

And then there was one

I had a third date with Happy (Sneezy holding at four). More fun - nighttime corn maze! So you're probably wondering why I decided to stop seeing Happy when our dates were so much more fun and interesting that the ones with Sneezy (and were definitely dates). I'll do my best to explain.

We wandered the maze with excellent team skills. We just wandered around until it got dark, then we got down to solving the puzzle in the maze. I think we ended up spending about an hour and half wandering around. We had lots of time to talk. It was a good way to bring up things that were important to me quite casually. And it gave me lots to think about.

He held my hand at one point, and when he dropped me home he kissed me on the cheek. He also paid, again (though he did let me buy him a pint later).

So why did I decide to end it?

I decided that I needed to think about what was important to me in a relationship, and then to think whether Sneezy or Happy was better poised to offer me that. In the end, and because of some fundamental differences, I decided to end it with Happy. I could see Sneezy and I doing things a month from now, but I couldn't even see Happy and I doing stuff beyond next week. I just couldn't see where we could go relationship-wise. It's hard to explain. But once it was done (and Happy was really understanding and kind - again!) I felt more excited about Sneezy.

I think Happy may be one of those guys I always wonder about, and had there not been two guys to choose from, and it was only Happy, I might have kept dating him just to see what happened beyond next week, and maybe it would have been great. But I made the call and I must keep going. So Sneezy and I are out on the weekend. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment