Thursday 4 October 2012

Three men, three dates

I feel so guilty that I've had three dates in one week. Three dates with three different guys. I already feel like I'm cheating! Anyway, you know how my dates with Sneezy were, so let's briefly meet Happy and Doc.

First Happy. Aptly dwarf-named. Man was he happy! He was so different from who I read he was online. In a totally good way. I was actually worried he was going to be a bit of a dick (and this is why it's important to meet people in person). Instead he was happy, fun, thoughtful, kind and considerate. And he paid for drinks. In fact we were supposed to go mini-golfing but the place was closed. Bummer. At least he planned a fun first date - bonus points - even if we ended up just having drinks. And he offered me a lift home (which I took as we were a ways out, it was dark, and I had just missed a bus).

I'm intrigued by Happy. He will definitely get a second date.

Now Doc. Doc is a geek - which is totally okay. I myself am a nerd. But Doc is a geek who is the doppelganger of one of my co-workers. A co-worker who is perfectly nice to work with but who I would never in a million years date! His mannerisms, his way of speaking - same! He even looked like a younger version of him! So I knew quite quickly that it was not likely going to work out for us, but we grabbed teas to go and went for a nice long walk, then returned for another tea.

Doc didn't lose the doppelganger unfortunately, and he clinched it all when he damn near yelled, "I'm NEVER getting married again! OR having anymore kids!!!" Woah Doc, woah. That's cool if that's how you feel but maybe don't SCREAM it on the first date! I may not want or need those things, but maybe I'd like to know they are something that could be talked about when the time is right! Who knows, maybe that is an absolute firm NEVER so he really needs to get it out on the first date. I just think that may shut a lot of people down when you should let them get to know you first.

So Doc will not get a second date. Although, because he asked me right at the end of our date, and I can't say no to someone's face (previously discussed), I said yes. So now I'll have to do an on-second-thought message. Sigh.

And then there were two.

No comments:

Post a Comment