Tuesday 6 November 2012

By most standards

"Hello, Your profile caught my interest. By most standards I am considered intelligent, open minded, funny, sporty and a kind man :) Would you like to exchange more info?"
Okay, so it's not creepy, but where is the effort? This guy could have copied and pasted this generic message to 50 women for all I know. Tell me *why* my profile caught your interest. Where do you think we connect?

Also, "by most standards" is not reassuring. *Most* people are idiots. C'mon, you all know it's true. Well, I sure know I'm not average. I'm not saying I'm above average, I'm saying I'm weird. Anyway, your profile already has all that garbage about how awesome you are. Why don't you tell me something new?

It hardly matters though. I'm meeting someone on Thursday. He's a chef so, you know, bonus points already. He loves camping, he lives in the same town, he doesn't smoke, and actually, a couple of people I know also know him (small town, remember?) and say he's good people. So, we'll see. I know that didn't exactly work with Sneezy, but this guy could be totally different. We'll call him Chef, not to be all obvious about it or anything.

To wrap up, I watched the movie Friends with Kids over the weekend. It was no Bridesmaids (yes, I'd heard it compared) but it was amusing. One exchange had me in tears (of laughter):
Leslie: I have at least four set-ups. One of which is promising.
Julie: And what about the other ones?
Leslie: Not as promising.
Ah, the dating life.

No comments:

Post a Comment